-
October 29th, 2005, 11:24 PM
#11
Inactive Member
What you are running into is that the Seasonal people are now working and they don't have all the same qualites that are needed for CS. If you have ever had a hard time you just need to ask to speak to a supervisor and they will then get you in contact with someone who will be ble to help you and not treat you like that.
-
October 29th, 2005, 11:34 PM
#12
Inactive Member
I have never had a bad experience with a customer service representative. I have had numerous bad experiences with personal shoppers. Especially those in New York. I usually wind up calling at night after 8pm so maybe I just get the nice representatives. If I were to get a rude one, though, I would politely tell them I will call back and speak with someone who can help me or ask for a supervisor. You shouldn't have to deal with rudeness when you are spending that much on a doll and the comment about most children just being happy to get a doll is absurd. If I spend $87-$100 on a doll for my children, you had better believe it will be perfect.
-
October 30th, 2005, 12:03 AM
#13
Inactive Member
I hate to be rude but for a dolls eyes to work the way that I believe you want them to they would have to be connected some how. They are not and thus act independently of each other, and depending on how you hold a doll the eyes will look out of sync. If you put my bitty twin on their sides they usually end up with one eye open and one eye shut. This is because of how the "sleepy eyes" work.
Ashley
-
October 30th, 2005, 12:20 AM
#14
HB Forum Owner
I agree with ????--hopefully you have been dealing with temp. workers hired to handle the extra influx of holiday orders.
To me, sometimes the little flaws are endearing or make the dolls different. I don't think I've ever gotten a perfectly perfect AG (I have seven now, but at one time had nine, all direct from AG). One of them (Molly) has a major flaw. My most recent doll purchase (Kit, the year she was released) has very loose legs, and my Samantha doll has always had eyes that are iffy (one would stay open even if she was flat on her back). Some of my dolls have the neck connection problem.
It may be that you will never get a doll that is 100% perfect, so you might want to decide if it's worth all of the trouble you have been going through (I know dealing with repeat problems is no fun!). I agree with those who say you might be happier if you picked one out in person. Good luck with everything! [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
October 30th, 2005, 01:48 AM
#15
Inactive Member
Aww shucks guys. You guys have been so great. I have always had great experiences with CS in the past, but lately not so great. I'm kind of a wuss when I comes to these types of things, I just wish I could have been braver when she spoke to me that way.
I saw your response in my previous post Molly-Felicity, and I say go for it. You paid good money to get your daughter a wonderful birthday present and that's what you should get.
As for the eyes mentioned in another response, there was definitely something wrong with each doll's eyes. I usually check out their eyes by changing their positions from standing up to sitting down. I learned this from the time I recieved my first Marisol and one of her eyes would close halfway when she was sitting down and the other one would be fine. Each of my dolls has their own quirks that makes them my dolls, but there are just a few things I would like to ship-shape when I get them, all I want is for her to have eyes that close properly and her limbs not to be loose. I know the limbs will be loose over time, and I'm totally cool with that, but not when I buy them.
We are customers of AG, and we deserve good products no matter how young or how old we are. No one should make us feel bad about that either, especially people who work for the company. I have worked in retail as well, and if I had talked to anyone in such a manner, which I never would have, but if I had I would have been fired too. Shame on those who have not been polite at AG, and many thanks to those who are great. Thanks again guys for being there for me. Coming on this board really brightens my day!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks